Last updated: January 22, 2017
StreamlineWatch offers the next generation in video discovery based on your video preferences (such as your likes and recommendations), packed with great social features. For example, you and your friends can see each other’s video preferences.
1. Information Collected From You on the Service
Information You Submit to Us
You may provide information to us through the Service, such as the following:
• Your contact information, such as name and email address
• Information you post
• Information about your interactions with content, such as whether you have opened it and whether you liked it
• Any of the above information, or other information, that we collect when you establish a connection with a third-party service such as a social network (see the end of the section below for details)
Automatically Collected Information
Cookies are files that websites and online services create and access on your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Service may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe’s instructions here (instructions vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash). Please note, however, that without cookies or local storage you may not be able to use all of the features of our Service.
Through our apps, we or third parties may collect information similar to the data mentioned above. We also may collect unique device identifiers (such as advertising IDs) and other mobile-specific types of information. For example, depending on your device and/or browser settings, we may collect your device’s geolocation.
2. Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide the Service and for other purposes. Uses may include: • To verify your identity and establish your account;
• To offer customized content to you and your friends in the StreamlineWatch network, such as suggesting movies or shows you and your friends might enjoy;
• To help your friends and contacts find you on StreamlineWatch (for example, we may allow people to search for your account on StreamlineWatch using your email address or other contact information);
• To send you or your friends and contacts updates (such as when certain activity, such as a recommendation, happens on StreamlineWatch), newsletters and other information;
• To create, tailor, deliver and study the effectiveness of advertising and promotional material both on and off of the Service, as well as for analytics (including as described in the Analytics, Advertising and Do-Not-Track section below);
• To administer sweepstakes, contests and surveys;
• To moderate content and to try to keep the Service safe;
• To detect, investigate or respond to security issues;
• To analyze, customize and personalize the Service;
• To improve the Service and to research and develop innovative features and new services;
• To safeguard our and others’ rights or property;
• To create aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which we may use and disclose without restriction;
• To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding unlawful or harmful activities, including potential threats to the physical safety of a person, potential fraud, and violations of our Terms of Service;
• To otherwise administer and troubleshoot the Service; and
• To contact you for other purposes.
3. Sharing Your Information
We may share your information to provide the Service and for other purposes. For example, we may share your information:
• As part of the expanding and evolving social aspects of the Service, for example:
◦ We publish your profile photo and name on a profile page or elsewhere in the Service, along with (subject to any applicable settings we offer) your friends/followers list, and your interactions with content (such as watch listing, recommending or skipping);
◦ We may publish information through other sharing and publishing features on the Service;
◦ We may offer a feature in which we allow anyone with your contact information (such as email address or telephone number) to find you through tools we may provide, such as contact importers, even if you have not shared your contact information with them on the Service;
◦ If you connect your StreamlineWatch account to your account on another service (for example, to enable cross-posting), we and the other service may exchange registration info, profile info, or other details;
• At your direction (such as when you authorize a third-party app or social networking service to access your StreamlineWatch account);
• We may share some information with the providers of the videos you watch;
• With companies that perform services for us, with us, or on our behalf, including without limitation advertising and data companies, providers of technical infrastructure and support, order fulfillment companies, content moderation companies, and e-mail service providers;
• With other members of our evolving corporate family;
• With our joint marketing partners;
• In connection with efforts to detect and address fraud, credit risk, security or technical issues;
• Without restriction when the information is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified;
• In connection with significant corporate events (for example, we may share or disclose information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets — such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or liquidation — or take steps in anticipation of any such event);
• When we believe in good faith that such sharing is reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible unlawful activities or to comply with legal process or other legal requirements; when we deem disclosure appropriate in situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, potential violations of our terms (such as our Terms of Service), or claims of violation of the rights of third parties; or when we deem disclosure appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our employees, users, or another person or entity (the disclosures described here may involve the sharing of your information with, for example, law enforcement, government agencies, courts, or other parties); and
• In any other circumstance where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted by law to share it.
4. Analytics, Advertising and Do-Not-Track
Online Analytics Providers
To help us better understand your use of the Service, we may use third-party analytics on our Service. These third parties use the sorts of technologies described in the “Automatically Collected Information” section above. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. (We also may use these third parties’ technology as described in the following section.)
Advertising Technology Providers
Data about your activities on our Service may be collected by us or by advertising technology providers for use in delivering advertising (both online and offline) tailored to your individual characteristics, activities, interests and other factors. These ad services may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the automated technologies described above, and they may use this information, and other information they receive from us or other sources, to deliver advertisements to you. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together, and other automated technologies, and in some cases additional information, (i) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our Service or other factors and (ii) to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Service or other factors.
You may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out page to opt out of receiving tailored advertising based on your Internet browsing activities from companies that participate in those programs. Some of our advertising-related activities may involve the services of companies that do not participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. The opt-outs apply only to the browser in which you set them. For example, if you set the opt-out while using Firefox, but then use Chrome, the opt-out will not be active in Chrome. To opt out in Chrome, you will need to repeat the opt-out process.
Similar data collection takes place via our apps for advertising purposes.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Some third parties' data collection tools or embedded content, plugins or other technology on the Service (such as cookies, embedded video, or social media sharing buttons) may allow their operators to learn about your interaction with our Service, and they may combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services. These third parties may handle this information, and other information they directly collect through their technology, pursuant to their own privacy policies or practices. We do not change our own collection of information in response to web browser “do-not-track” signals or other third-party tools that let consumers exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information. Also, we generally do not require third parties collecting information on our websites and online services to respond to these technologies.
5. Your Choices, and How to Remove Your Content and Information
You may contact us as described below for assistance with removing any content or information that you have posted. The removal and deletion options may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you posted on the Service. For example, it generally will not take down remove content or information that has been stored, shared or re-posted by other users and other third parties.
6. Requesting Deactivation of Your Account
To request deactivation of your account, you can send an email to email@example.com and then follow any instructions we send in our reply. Deactivation takes down your profile and all of your favorites, recommendations added to your watchlist and other content or content preferences you created or otherwise posted, though we may continue to display this information in a manner not linked to your profile (such as by displaying a particular video’s all-time Like count). Following deactivation, we may preserve a complete or partial record of your profile and the other information described above. From time to time, we may make available a feature that allows a deactivated user to automatically see all of this information if they sign up again, but don’t count on it! Also, please note that account deactivation generally will not take down or remove content or information that has been stored, shared or re-posted by other users or other third parties.
We understand the importance of the security of the information we collect, but we cannot promise that our security measures will eliminate security risks or avoid security breaches. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk. Please help to do your part by taking steps such as accessing our Service only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity or any breach of the confidentiality of your login credentials. If the confidentiality of your login credentials has been breached, you also must change them immediately. Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats. Please also see the important security warning in the next section.
8. Third Party Links and Services
The Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 13.
10. Changes to this Policy
11. How to Contact Us